Sodium alginate is the sodium salt of alginic acid, a natural polysaccharide found in brown algae. It is generally used as a stabilizer and thickener in the food industry. Sodium alginate may undergo cross-linking in the presence of divalent cations such as Ca2+ to form biodegradable stable gels, which finds applications as a material for cell encapsulation and immobilization.
Sodium Alginate (E401) is extracted from brown seaweed. It is used as a stabilizer for ice cream, yogurt, cream, and cheese. It acts as a thickener and emulsifier for salad, pudding, jam, tomato juice, and canned products. It is a hydration agent for noodles, bread, cool and frozen products. In the presence of calcium and acid mediums, it forms resilient gels. It is a cold gelling agent that needs no heat to gel. It is most commonly used with calcium lactate or calcium chloride in the spherification process.
Sodium Alginate Specification
THE MINISTRY OF NATIONAL HEALTH STANDARD WS1-211-87
LIGHT YELLOW POWDER
DO NOT SHOW BLUE COLOR
IGNITION RESIDUE %
MOL YSITE %
HEAVY METALS %
VISCOSIYT % (≤)cps
1. Apperance: white or light yellow powder
2. Insoluble in water, odorless and almost tasteless
3. High swell type, with swelling coefficient minimum 22
Applications: Main applications in the following list:
1. New drug PSS PSS is manufactured taking alginic acid as main material. Medicinal study and clinical test shows that the drug has strong decentralizing blood stickness, can be used to lower blood adeps, expand bloodvessels, improve microcircul ation lower blood pressure and blood sugar etc. It is in either solution or tablets two forms. Well absorbed by injecti on or oral administration, suitable both for remedy or precaution.
2. Gastropine The tablets are manufactured from mixing with alginic acid, aluminum hydroxide, magnesium trisilicate etc several drugs. It has the functions of neutralization gastric acidity, relief gastric spasm and stomachache, stimulating neoge nesis of mucous membrane,curing gastric ulcer, and can improve gastric function.
3. Sewage treatment Resin like high-molecular compound, which has better adsorptive powerand stength, can be formed by reaction of calcium salt with soluble salt solution of alginic acid and phytlc acid. This kind of resin has big adsorptive capacity, high resistance against calcium and magnesium ion. Thus the resin has better effect in purifying water and long service life.
Alginate has an excellent functionality as a thickening agent, gelling agent, emulsifier, stabilizer, texture-improver (for noodles), by improving the quality of food. Nowadays, based on its unique properties, alginate is added to numerous kinds of food, such as ice cream, jelly, acid milk drinks, dressings, instant noodles, beer, etc. FAO/WHO certifies alginate in food applications as one of the safest food additives.
Alginate is used in several cosmetics due to its functionality as a thickener and moisture retainer. Alginate helps retain the color of lipstick on the lip surface by forming a gel-network.
Alginate is used in the color paste substrate when applying patterns to print fabrics, scarves, towels, etc. The use of alginate in the printing of cotton, jute and rayon is a necessity. Alginate is safer and easier to decompose compared with other substrates in textile printing and gives easier waste water disposal.
advantage:low consumption, high colour yield, easy washing, fabric feel soft.
Alginic acid is used in several pharmaceutical applications. Alginic acid is compounded into tablets to accelerate tablet disintegration for a faster release of the medicinal component. Alginate forms a gel in the highly-acidic stomach and protects the stomach mucosa.
Over 8 Years' Leading Manufacturer of High-End Natural Ingredients with Future Commercial Potentiality
For Cosmetics, Wine, Health Supplment, Food, Pharmaceuticles etc.
Synthetic & Kucha Leaf Extract
Synthetic Purity: 99% Max
Natural Kucha Leaf Extract Purity: 60% Max
No Bitterness & Caffeine Customized
NMN：a natural precursor of NAD+
NMN supplementation raises DAN+ for essential health & longevity amongst providing other health benefits. Below are 7 of the top benefits of NMN. *Anti-aging Support *Heart Health Support *Cognitive Support *Energy & Metabolism Support *Weight Control *Boosts Cellular Levels *DNA & Cell Repair
To Make Everybody Healthier by Natural Ingredients
Chibio Biotech, as one biotechnology company integrating science industry and trade, has been focused on R&D and production of high-end natural ingredients with commercial potentiality for over 7 years.
Since its establishment, Chibio Biotech is engaged in the manufacturing and trading of well-characterized Non-animal Chitosan ( Mushroom, Aspergillus Niger Chitosan), Theacrine ( Natural Kucha Tea Leaf Extract & Synthetic ), pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, food raw materials and other natural ingredients.
Based on years of research & development and sales of food additives, raw materials of cosmetics, wine beverage, medicines and health care etc., combined with the application & scientific research results of natural product activity, Chibio Biotech is committed to the global health industry, promote natural ingredients with great commercial potentiality to the global application fields of medicine, pharmaceuticals, health care, etc., and realize industrialization and marketization.
We are happy to serve the global ingredients community!